Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Nomming Days

Since I was at home the entire day (yesterday)... plus the fact I only woke up at 1.45pm, I didn't bother to make a trip downstairs to get some proper food (spoilt for choice - but kinda sick of all the food downstairs currently :<), so I just switched on my lappy, started catching up with all the Korean dramas & reality shows I wanted to watch.

However, like duhhh, everyone gets hungry after a while ;) So I went to ransack my kitchen for food :P & coz my mum just came back from Aussie not long ago, she brought back a gazillion goodies back home! <3 Honestly, supermarkets in Singapore should import more food products from Aussie, it's got so much good (and healthy!) stuff :DDD

The first thing I went to get was the... Hormel Kid's Kitchen ready-to-eat pasta!! *drools*

Cheezy Mac 'n Beef pasta


Wonder why there's 4 holes on top?
Back in Aussie, I used to eat this all the time! The supermarkets there had plenty of Hormel pastas, and being the kid I was that time, I loved eating all of their various pastas, and the best part of all - it tasted amazing :) Of course, don't expect restaurant standard, c'mon this is a heartwarming homey delicious bowl of goodness hehe :D It's more of a comfort food - I take my time to savour the awesomeness, since it's so darn good!

For each different kind of pasta, for e.g. Cheesy Mac n Beef & Spaghetti n Meatballs, they come in different colours as well! As you can tell from the photos, it's blue, and for the others that I have at home, I currently have red (spag&meatballs) and purple (ravioli beef) ones. I think that it's really appealing to kiddos & young adults like myself, who grew up eating these.

Oh yes, did I mention that this is really fast & fuss-free to prepare? All you gotta do is:

1) Remove the top cover
2) Take off the sealed metal lid
3) Put the cover back on
4) Pop the entire bowlful into the microwave/oven
5) Micro power on high heat, preferably 1000watt, for about 1min 10secs
6) Take out of microwave (careful! it's really hot)
7) Remove the cover, stir and enjoy! :)

The cover is quite useful, as it prevents the sauce from splattering onto the microwave/oven, yet it has the innovative four small holes on it, so that the cover doesn't pop off the bowl due to high heat pressure gathered on the inside. :)

YUMMYNESS!
 Doesn't it look absolutely appetising?
Honestly speaking though, if you're looking for something to really fill up your empty tummy to the brim, this isn't enough. As you can well see for yourself ;D It's more of a wholesome snack in the day, breakfast for kiddos or just a satisfaction for your pasta cravings :)

I super duper love this, and I totally recommend this to you... if only it was stocked up in Singapore :( Well, Cold Storage might be able to bring this in, as my mum had actually requested them to bring EasyMac before, and they did! :D THERE'S HOPE!!! XD

For this rating, I give it a full 5NOMX! *yayeness*

Okay, moving right along to my next nom of the day! VEGE CHIPPIESSSS <3

Healthy Vege Chips

 I've never tried this till today, and my oh my, I must say, these healthy vege chips, that are made out of genuine wholesome products, like substituting potatoes for cassava (a kind of tapioca), cooked in sunflower oil (which is healthier), less saturated fat (thank God), and having nearly no allergen type of ingredients inside (except for sesame seeds)... the entire package of chippies are healthy, produces an undeniably good crunch, not salty, not oily, just nice :D nomnomnom

These come in 4 different flavours: BBQ, French Onion, Natural and Sweet&Sour.
So far, all their flavours are pretty awesome, and my favourite is the Natural. Sweet&Sour comes in second place though, as it has a tangy good flavour! :) All of them come in one huge bag, with small packets inside. Great for packing these for kiddos' school lunches :) Again, this is only available in Aussie. However, you could take a look at Candy Empire to see if they imported this brand.

For this rating, I give it a full 5NOMX as well! :) Healthy, yet great tasting!

Organic juice :)
Sometimes, organic products might not be the most flavourful things on earth, but for this Wild Harvest organic juice, it has opened my eyes to how good organic stuff can be! :)

My parents recently bought 2 boxes of it, Grape & Strawberry Kiwi flavoured. Again, this is a healthy product, one that both kiddos and parents will love!

The Good Stuff:

  • naturally flavoured juice beverage w/ other natural flavours
  • 100% daily value Vit C 
  • no artificial sweeteners
  • 1/3 less sugar than other leading juice drinks (Caprisonne for example)
  • no artificial colours or preservatives 
  • no high fructose corn syrup
  • certified organic

See, isn't it a packet of amazing stuff? Alright, about the taste~ The drink is surprisingly flavourful, and yet, you can really reaaaaally tell that they used natural ingredients (your own tastebuds will tell you), and the natural fruit drink overpowers the sugar that was added in (which means they used less sugar and more natural stuff), and overall, I love the fact that it's just not that sweet. I think this is great for packing kiddos' lunches too, or a picnic - better than buying sugared can drinks out there ;) Packaging wise, I think it's just lovely ;)


For my rating on this, it's got a full 5NOMX as well! It's just amazing how I actually thought Caprisonne was a not-so-sweet drink, then after drinking Wild Harvest's au naturale version, I can't drink Caprisonne now without cringing at the ultra-sweet taste. Anyways, personal preference!

Finally now... for the My Little Pony golden cookies!! :D

For the girls especially, you'll love the packaging and the pretty petite cookies :)

The huge bag that has 10 packs inside
Inside each bag, there's a pop-up sticker! Super cute for us girls hehe (young at heart kays). Personally, I feel that this packaging is so attractive coz it's pink, pink, and PINK. :D It's sorta shiny too :P

Girly Golden Bikkies
 It's great that they don't have artificial colours, as I think that nowadays, I tend to look out/buy more products that have don't have all these artificial ingredients added to it.

One of the few designs of bikkies~
Like what the description says, golden cookies! It's petite sized, and perfect for people of all ages. It's not exactly a butter cookie, but I would say that it's a cookie that has brown sugar & honey added to it (maybe), so it gives it that caramelised taste, but at the same time, not a super omg sweet cookie kinda thing :D Ah yes, if you like the brand, 'Lotus' cookies, you'll love this cookie! The texture is nearly the same (crunch-wise), but less hard (Lotus cookies tend to be slightly hard to bite).

I really like these cookies, as they're not overly sweet, has cute designs, and most importantly, taste great! Sadly though, these are only available in Aussie.. well, at least Cold Storage does bring in Tiny Teddies! :) That's another cookie worth nomming :D

For this, my rating is 4NOMX! Enjoy your cookies, everyone :D Have a cup of tea with it too~

Okay, this comes to an end of my nomming day ;) Hope y'all enjoyed reading this! :D

TTFN,
Cherlyn xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment